Colour Blocking: Yellow


Photograph by Garance Dorè.
I see yellow everywhere right now.   I feel like everyone is wearing it and I can no longer deny it's appeal.

Stella McCartney 2010 Spring/Summer.


Yellow is a colour that a lot of people shy away from, but for me, I have always worn it.  I think it started out because when I was a little girl, my dance teacher always had my costumes made in either bright sunny yellow or emerald green.  It used to annoy me that my blonde friends would get to dress in pink and blue and purple.  Back then I would have loved another colour choice.  


But now I don't mind so much.  



Bottega Veneta


Designers Spring/Summer 2010 runways of Milan and Paris featured many yellow hues.   



Dries Van Noten


Did you know that people who are blind to other colours can usually see yellow?  Yellow is full of creative and intellectual energy, it symbolises wisdom and means joy and happiness.  

Sonia Rykiel



YSL


Like the energy of a bright sunny day, yellow brings clarity and awareness.


Put some yellow in your life when you want clarity for decision-making, or when you need relief from burn-out, panic, nervousness or exhaustion.  It can help sharpen your memory and concentration skills as well as offer protection from lethargy and depression during dull weather.



Easton Pearson



Bottega Veneta


Some people might not like wearing yellow, but if you find the right shade, it can look amazing.  Think Renee Zellwegger in that gorgeous vintage dress she wore to the Academy Awards and the yellow Nina Ricci gown that Reese Witherspoon wore to the awards (not the same year of course).



And who could forget the stunning Vera Wang mustard yellow gown worn by Michelle Williams to the Oscars.  Such a transformation for her, wasn't it?




And then there's this gorgeous buttercup number on the equally gorgeous Miss Kate Moss. 

The point is that whether you are blonde, brunette, auburn or raven-haired, I promise you can wear yellow.  The trick is to find the shade that is right for you, that's all!  




While I am not really feeling Ms Minogue's high-waisters here, I am loving her peacoat!  



Angelina looks effortlessly chic in this bright and breezy dress paired with black ballet slippers.


I think that yellow is going to continue to be pretty easy to find on the racks of your favourite stores this summer because it has been a popular colour for designers for the past three years.

I just know that there are some of you out there that are reading this, still unconvinced, but I say to you - don't worry if you feel that you just can't bring yourself to wear yellow, because there is always that old standby - accessories!



Gotta love Marc Jacobs, am I right?


Ciao for now,

Hx





P.S. Very soon I am launching my first clothing label!  Hubby and I are hard at work and all will be revealed soon!  



Sources: crystal-cure.com, fashionnation.wordpress.com, people.com, garancedorè.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...