In Vogue: Fifties Fever

I  have just finished reading the Australian September issue of VOGUE Australia and boy, what a triumph this issue is!  It reminds me of the shoot Peter Lindbergh did for American VOGUE in 1990 with Linda Evangelista channelling a young Ava Gardner and her bullfighter lover.  This shoot for me, is one of the most memorable and beautiful in the history of VOGUE.









The VOGUE Australia cover shot by Max Doyle featuring a very beautiful and sexy Catherine McNeil is in my opinion, one of Australian VOGUE's best ever.  Catherine is looking absolutely perfect emulating high fifties influenced style in her Dolce & Gabbana gown.  Editor Kirstie Clements and the VOGUE team have outdone themselves.


Photos by Max Doyle.




This is Catherine's fourth cover for VOGUE Australia and she features in two spreads, one where she channels a young Sophia Loren, photographed by Nicole Bentley and the other by Max Doyle (who also shot the cover).


Photo by Nicole Bentley.


I do recommend that you purchase a copy for yourselves, as it has to be seen in the flesh, because this September issue is definitely a keeper.





I know that I have been slack in my blogging recently, but the truth is that my youngest daughter Annabel broke her arm last week on what used to be known as my birthday.  That day is now, and forever will be known as, "The Day Annabel Broke Her Arm."  Poor little angel, she was so brave.  We spent the night together in the hospital and the next day she had to go under general anesthetic so they could put pins in her little funny bone so that it heals right.  Next week she will be getting a hot pink fiber glass cast on her arm and in six weeks she'll be all better - and the pins will come out then too.  So Annabel, my tough little nugget, Mama loves you and is so proud of my brave little one.


Ciao for now,


H
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...